What Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% is and what it is used for
Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% contains a medicine called clobetasol propionate. It belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It helps to reduce swelling and irritation.
Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness of certain skin problems. These skin problems include eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis that have not responded to milder steroid creams or ointments.
Do not use Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to clobetasol propionate or any of the other ingredients of Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%.
• on a child under 12 years old without consulting
• to treat any of the following skin problems, it could make them worse:
- severe flushing of skin on and around your nose (rosacea)
- spotty red rash around your mouth (perioral dermatitis)
- itching around your back passage or private parts - unless your doctor has told you to do so
- viral infections, such as cold sores, herpes or chicken pox
- fungal infections, such as ringworm, athletes foot or thrush
- skin blisters or sores that are caused by an infection.
Do not use if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Always use Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure, using this medicine.
• You usually apply a thin layer of Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% 1 or 2 times a day. This may be reduced as your skin begins to get better, or stopped when it is better.
• This ointment is for use on your skin only.
• Do not use on large areas of the body for a long time (such as every day for many
weeks or months). If you need treatment for a long time, your doctor may decide you need to use a milder cream or ointment.
• The germs that cause infections like warm and moist conditions under dressings so always clean the skin before a fresh dressing is put on.
• If you are applying the ointment on someone else make sure you wash your hands after use or wear disposable plastic gloves.
• If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor.
If you apply Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% to your face You should only apply the ointment to your face if your doctor tells you to. It should not be used for more than 5 days, as the skin on your face thins easily. Do not let the ointment get into your eyes. If it does, wash it out with plenty of water.
If you use more Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% than you should
If, by mistake on a few occasions you use more than you should, do not worry. If you apply a lot or if a lot is accidentally swallowed, it could make you ill. Talk to your doctor or go to hospital as soon as possible.
If you forget to use Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%
If you forget to apply your ointment, apply it as soon as you remember. If it is close to the time you are next meant to apply it, wait until this time.
If you stop using Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%
If you use Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% regularly make sure you talk to your doctor before you stop using it.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05%
• Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not use Clobetasol-Gilaranco 0.05% after the expiry date on the tube or carton (Exp). The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not store above 30°C.
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.